SixSummits is a free fundraising site, helping you raise funds for groups and individuals, whether nonprofit or for-profit. And did we say it's free?!
SixSummits not only has free fundraising tools, but can actually generate money for you.
Here's how it works.
Generating cash for your cause: You can raise funds by shopping. Not from us, but from our Partner Stores. You're probably familiar with rewards points that airlines, hotels, car rental companies and other businesses give you when you buy from them. SixSummits has something similar. When you login to your SixSummits account (free), then shop and buy from one of our Partner Stores, they pay us a referring commission which we split with you. You pay the exact same prices for the exact same goods and services that you'd see and pay for at the Partner Stores' own sites. So if you're buying on the Internet without going through SixSummits, you are literally throwing money away. We have partnered with a large number of stores, including many of the Internet's top retailers and some little known treasures, offering literally millions of items for sale. Encourage your supporters to shop through SixSummits and designate your cause as a beneficiary of their benefit dollars, and they can significantly help your bottom line.
Use free tools to support your overall fundraising activities: In addition to generating money for your fundraising efforts, SixSummits offers 6 free tools for your use.
- Auctions and classifieds. You can list an unlimited number of items and services for free on SixSummits and then let your supporters know where to go (SixSummits.com) to bid on your offerings. You can even set up a "store front" to group all your offerings to make them easier for your supporters to find. Plus, you expand your pool of bidders because all SixSummits' users can see, bid on, and purchase your items. You retain all the proceeds; we won't charge you a cent. So don't pay hundreds or thousands to buy and set up your own software, or pay steep commissions and fees to other online auction sites. Use SixSummits Auctions for free. Then you don't have to rely solely on your annual fundraiser. Get donations and sell them year-round to increase your fundraising. Read more.
- Direct Donations. If your want to receive direct donations from your supporters (without them first buying something) but don't want to go through the time and expense of establishing a merchant account to accept credit cards, we have an easy solution for you with our direct donations tool. In about 15 minutes, you can set up a fundraising campaign, complete with photos, a description, fundraising target amount, and a direct donation button. Link your PayPal account (you can create one for free), and then receive direct donations into your bank account when supporters contribute. (Though this service is free to you, there is a service fee deducted from your supporters' donations to cover processing fees and other expenses.)
- Newsletters. Import a list of your supporters (you must have their permission to contact them), and keep them current with all your fundraising efforts by emailing them newsletters for free. This powerful tool comes complete with over 50 templates, some of which are "responsive" for optimal viewing on all devices regardless of screen size. And you can schedule automatic follow up emails, saving you lots of time. Unlike just about all other email marketing solutions, we don't start charging when your list reaches a certain size. It's free no matter how large your list is.
- Event Management. Do you have an event to which you want to sell tickets? (Or even a free event whose attendance is limited and so you want to issue tickets.) Our event management tool allows you to create an event, sell tickets, keep track of how many tickets have been sold and to whom, and deposit the money directly into your bank via PayPal. We even have a free phone app for iPones and Android phones so your supporters can turn their smart phones into ticket scanning devices at the door to your event. (Though this service is free to you, there is a small service fee added to the ticket price to be paid by your supporters.)
- Invitation Tool. Frightened at the thought of having to type in a lot of email addresses to send an invitation to your event? This tool makes it easy to import your list of supporters from your address book in all the major email providers such as gmail, hotmail, yahoo, aol, etc. Not only does this tool make it easy to import lists of your supporters, but it generates a link to your fundraising group on SixSummits, where your direct donation fundraising campaigns and events are displayed, making it a snap for them to find and support your cause.
- Surveys. Increase the effectiveness of your fundraising efforts by surveying your supporters for what motivates them, discourages them, their perceptions on your efforts, or anything else you want. All for free.
SixSummits Community: The SixSummits Community provides you the opportunity to share and pay it forward with others. Contribute and receive. Contribute what fundraising events, tactics, tools, etc. worked for you, and what didn't, and why. In return, others will post the same and soon there'll be a vast body of knowledge for you and others to use. Further, you'll find it easier than most other social networks to find people who have the positions and experience in the organization or type of organization in which you are interested. You won't have to laboriously search through groups to join. The secret is the SixSummits' member profile, which is detailed and designed specifically for people in both casual and professional fundraising, providing much more relevant information than you'll find on the massive social sites.
Helping people help. Aspire higher with SixSummits.
Read more about:
- which groups are eligible to be beneficiaries and receive moneys through SixSummits
- how you can raise money for an individual
- how a for-profit business can use SixSummits to help others as well as add to its own bottom line
- the details of shopping with our Partner Stores, how you earn your Rewards, and how you can spend your Rewards
- the types of auctions and classifieds you can run on SixSummits